By William F. S. Miles
Read or Download Hausaland Divided: Colonialism and Independence in Nigeria and Niger (The Wilder House Series in Politics, History and Culture) PDF
Similar african history books
Utilizing a cultural stories strategy, this ebook explores how the Spanish colonization of North Africa keeps to hang-out Spain's efforts to articulate a countrywide identification which could accommodate either the country's range, caused through immigration from its outdated colonies, and the postnational calls for of its integration within the ecu Union.
Even though a lot has been written in regards to the behavior of the warfare in South Africa, little or no has been written approximately the way it was once seemed at the international degree by means of powers either nice and small. This number of particularly commissioned essays seeks for the 1st time to place the Boer warfare (1899-1902) in its foreign context.
During this e-book we're given a special view of East Africa of the Fifties; no longer the stereotyped photo of flora and fauna safaris and jumping Masai, however the rising independence fight of a brand new African kingdom from the perspective of a white police place of work, in an incredibly targeted, completely readable, firsthand account of an extraordinary interval of modern historical past.
During this wide-ranging historical past of the African diaspora and slavery in Arabia within the 19th and early 20th centuries, Matthew S. Hopper examines the interconnected issues of enslavement, globalization, and empire and demanding situations formerly held conventions concerning center japanese slavery and British imperialism.
- Fès 1912 : le Maroc réfractaire au Protectorat: Une mémoire coloniale au carrefour des cultures (French Edition)
- Modern Tunisia: A Democratic Apprenticeship
- Pan-Africanism, and the Politics of African Citizenship and Identity (Routledge African Studies)
- Regional Economic Outlook, October 2008: Sub-Saharan Africa: Sub-Saharan Africa (October 2008)
- The Walking Qur'an: Islamic Education, Embodied Knowledge, and History in West Africa (Islamic Civilization and Muslim Networks)
- Racial Structure and Radical Politics in the African Diaspora: Volume 2, Africana Studies: 3
Additional resources for Hausaland Divided: Colonialism and Independence in Nigeria and Niger (The Wilder House Series in Politics, History and Culture)
Hausaland Divided: Colonialism and Independence in Nigeria and Niger (The Wilder House Series in Politics, History and Culture) by William F. S. Miles