By John Nassivera
Much of the Western First international is headed towards a completely secularized kind of tradition, the place any recourse to worth platforms and information from faith is nearly thoroughly taboo. this can be a very daring test. it really is reasonable to invite: will we within the Western First global continue to exist, if we turn into completely bring to a halt from our roots? GOD.ORG is a scholarly, but very readable, exam of those issues--both from an historic point of view and from the viewpoint of the right here and now.
1. first and foremost used to be the observe and the be aware was once info; 2) searching for God; three) The Gods of Fields, Rocks, Fields, and Streams; four) The Gods of intercourse and Violence vs. the God of affection and Peace; five) cohesion, insurrection, Revolution, and Revelation; 6) Humanism, Human Rights, and Indigenous People's Rights; 7) eu Enlightenment, Deism, and the Monkey on Darwin's again; eight) The Religions of Darwinism, Materialism, and the dying of God; nine) technology, Secular Humanism, and Environmentalism; 10) Reformations, Congregationalisms, Church, Mosque, and nation; eleven) primary vs. Fundamentalism; 12) Why the realm wishes Rome (and Assisi); thirteen) what's Marriage for and Why are Church and kingdom concerned? 14) Christianity, Islam, and the subsequent iteration; Epilogue: a private mirrored image ~ existence, dying, Afterlife.
Read or Download God.org PDF
Similar religious studies books
The worldwide global debates secularism, freedom of trust, faith-based norms, the state's arbitration of spiritual conflicts, and where of the sacred within the public sphere. In dealing with those concerns, Britain, India, and South Africa stand out as designated laboratories. they've got vastly encouraged the remainder of the realm.
This quantity compiles writings by means of best ethical theologians and ethicists on a big rising subject within the box of ethics. As spirituality asserts its wide humanistic interdisciplinarity, and ethical theology emerges from its fixation on sin to deal with broader questions of human formation and Christian discipleship, the necessity for the 2 disciplines to be in discussion is apparent.
Spiritual conversion - a shift in club from one group of religion to a different - can take assorted varieties in considerably diverse situations. because the essays during this quantity show, conversion could be protracted or surprising, voluntary or coerced, small-scale or huge. it can be the results of lively missionary efforts, instrumental judgements, or highbrow or non secular allure to another doctrine and practices.
Whereas there are estimates of the variety of humans killed via Soviet professionals in the course of specific episodes or campaigns, earlier, nobody has attempted to calculate the total human toll of Soviet genocides and mass murders because the revolution of 1917. the following, R. J. Rummel lists and analyzes countless numbers of released estimates, offering them within the historic context within which they happened.
- Three Treatises From Bec on the Nature of Monastic Life (Medieval Academy Books)
- Christ Goes to College
- Defending the Durkheimian Tradition: Religion, Emotion and Morality (Rethinking Classical Sociology)
- Blackfoot Religion and the Consequences of Cultural Commoditization (Vitality of Indigenous Religions)
- In Search of Solutions: The Problem of Religion and Conflict (Religion and Violence)
- Related Strangers: Jews and Christians, 70-170 C.E.: Jews and Christians 70-170 C.E.
Extra resources for God.org
God.org by John Nassivera