By Ruth Macrides
Read or Download George Akropolites: The History (Oxford Studies in Byzantium) PDF
Best ancient history books
The Neanderthal is likely one of the such a lot mysterious kin of Homo sapiens: was once he a lifeless, club-swinging muscleman, or a being with constructed social behaviour and the power to talk, to plot accurately, or even to improve perspectives at the afterlife? for lots of, the Neanderthals are an instance of primitive people, yet new discoveries recommend that this picture should be revised.
Whereas Holladay has written generally and helpfully on different themes, his in depth paintings at the prophet Jeremiah continues to be essentially the most vital contributions to the learn of that publication, and particularly to our knowing of the prophet Jeremiah in terms of the booklet ascribed to him. In Jeremiah: analyzing the Prophet in His Time - and Ours, Holladay seeks to attach the message of the e-book of Jeremiah 'to the lifestyles and stories of the prophet and his occasions.
Magisterarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, word: 1,15, Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf (Historisches Institut - Alte Geschichte), forty-one Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Es gibt sicher keine antike Persönlichkeit die mehr polarisierte, als Alkibiades.
Donning the Cloak includes 9 stimulating chapters on Roman army textiles and kit that take cloth study to a brand new point. listen the sounds of the Roman squaddies' clacking belts and get a view on their buy orders with Egyptian weavers. might armour be equipped of linen? Who had entry to what forms of prestigious apparatus?
- The Plague of War: Athens, Sparta, and the Struggle for Ancient Greece (Ancient Warfare and Civilization)
- Negotiating Identity in the Ancient Mediterranean: The Archaic and Classical Greek Multiethnic Emporia
- War: Antiquity and Its Legacy (Ancients and Moderns)
- Der Sturz der Tyrannis: Ein Schritt zur Demokratie in Athen am Ende des 6. Jh. v. Chr.? (German Edition)
- Three Plays by Aristophanes: Staging Women (The New Classicical Canon)
- Conquerors of the Roman Empire: The Goths
Additional resources for George Akropolites: The History (Oxford Studies in Byzantium)
George Akropolites: The History (Oxford Studies in Byzantium) by Ruth Macrides