By Dr Gwendolyn Leick
Read or Download A Dictionary of Ancient Near Eastern Mythology PDF
Best religious studies books
The worldwide international debates secularism, freedom of trust, faith-based norms, the state's arbitration of non secular conflicts, and where of the sacred within the public sphere. In dealing with those matters, Britain, India, and South Africa stand out as distinct laboratories. they've got drastically motivated the remainder of the area.
This quantity compiles writings through major ethical theologians and ethicists on a big rising subject within the box of ethics. As spirituality asserts its huge humanistic interdisciplinarity, and ethical theology emerges from its fixation on sin to deal with broader questions of human formation and Christian discipleship, the necessity for the 2 disciplines to be in discussion is obvious.
Spiritual conversion - a shift in club from one neighborhood of religion to a different - can take varied kinds in notably various situations. because the essays during this quantity display, conversion should be protracted or surprising, voluntary or coerced, small-scale or huge. it can be the results of energetic missionary efforts, instrumental judgements, or highbrow or religious charm to another doctrine and practices.
Whereas there are estimates of the variety of humans killed via Soviet experts in the course of specific episodes or campaigns, beforehand, not anyone has attempted to calculate the total human toll of Soviet genocides and mass murders because the revolution of 1917. right here, R. J. Rummel lists and analyzes enormous quantities of released estimates, offering them within the historic context within which they happened.
- Dionysius the Areopagite and the Neoplatonist Tradition: Despoiling the Hellenes (Ashgate Studies in Philosophy and Theology in Late Antiquity)
- Confronting Religious Judgmentalism: Christian Humanism and the Moral Imagination (Confronting Fundamentalism Book 4)
- The Kebra Nagast: The Lost Bible of Rastafarian Wisdom and Faith From Ethiopia and Jamaica
- Prelude to the Restoration - From Apostasy to the Restored Church: The 33rd Annual Sidney B. Sperry Symposium
- Religious Diversity in Post-Soviet Society: Ethnographies of Catholic Hegemony and the New Pluralism in Lithuania
Extra resources for A Dictionary of Ancient Near Eastern Mythology
A Dictionary of Ancient Near Eastern Mythology by Dr Gwendolyn Leick