By Andrew Erskine
- Examines the different types of facts, difficulties, methods, and significant issues within the research of historic history
- Comprises greater than forty essays, written by way of top foreign scholars
- Moves past the first concentrate on Greece and Rome with insurance of a few of the cultures in the old Mediterranean
- Draws at the most recent examine within the field
- Provides a necessary source for any pupil of old history
Read or Download A Companion to Ancient History (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
The Neanderthal is one of the such a lot mysterious relations of Homo sapiens: used to be he a lifeless, club-swinging muscleman, or a being with built social behaviour and the power to talk, to plot accurately, or even to enhance perspectives at the afterlife? for lots of, the Neanderthals are an instance of primitive people, yet new discoveries recommend that this photograph has to be revised.
Whereas Holladay has written largely and helpfully on different subject matters, his extensive paintings at the prophet Jeremiah is still probably the most vital contributions to the research of that publication, and particularly to our knowing of the prophet Jeremiah relating to the booklet ascribed to him. In Jeremiah: analyzing the Prophet in His Time - and Ours, Holladay seeks to attach the message of the ebook of Jeremiah 'to the lifestyles and reviews of the prophet and his instances.
Magisterarbeit aus dem Jahr 2006 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, word: 1,15, Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf (Historisches Institut - Alte Geschichte), forty-one Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Es gibt sicher keine antike Persönlichkeit die mehr polarisierte, als Alkibiades.
Donning the Cloak comprises 9 stimulating chapters on Roman army textiles and gear that take cloth study to a brand new point. pay attention the sounds of the Roman infantrymen' clacking belts and get a view on their buy orders with Egyptian weavers. may armour be outfitted of linen? Who had entry to what types of prestigious gear?
- Hieroglyphic Vocabulary to the Book of the Dead (Egypt)
- Rubikon: Triumph und Tragödie der Römischen Republik (German Edition)
- Constantine: Dynasty, Religion and Power in the Later Roman Empire (Blackwell Ancient Lives)
- Sight and the Ancient Senses (The Senses in Antiquity)
Additional resources for A Companion to Ancient History (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Ancient History (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Andrew Erskine